He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!
What a wonderful Easter celebration we had on Sunday. We declared the truth that generations have declared before us. We declared the truth that shapes every part of who we are as a community of believers.
There are so many pictures in my mind as I thank God for all that happened at GRACE Church on Easter Sunday:
-Families gathering around the flower cross together for pictures and fellowship – the third year of this new tradition for our church!
-The choir surrounding the congregation singing the truth of the resurrection and then ending the service with the Hallelujah Chorus.
-Tom Goeman playing and leading our guest musicians playing Widor’s Toccata
-The countless numbers of volunteers welcoming our guests.
-A second year of satellite parking – allowing more parking for our guests. Thanks to all who rode the shuttle.
– Our worship band leading our third and largest service of the day.
– You holding the wooden crosses, all unique, from the holy land.
– Over 1600 people in worship and in our kids’ programs. That, no doubt, was your good work. You, by now, have heard me say that statistics show that most people come to church for the first time by a personal invitation.
It was such a great Easter celebration!
Sunday, we celebrated THE truth of our faith: Jesus was crucified, dead and buried and then on the third day he came out of the grave. And this weekend, we get to declare it all over again.
This weekend, we begin a new series, On Display. Each day, you live your lifeOn Display – in your neighborhood, at your gym, at the office, at school and at home. Jesus said that we should “let our lights shine…” and that we should be “salt and light”. Are you shining? How do we live what we believe? How do you apply what we celebrated last week every day? In this new series, we will be walking through the book of James. Jesus’ little brother has some very practical words for followers of his big brother, Jesus.
This series will lead us up to Serve Week (May 13-18). We’re turning Serve Day into Serve Week so we can multiply the impact. This year, we are hoping everyone can participate in their own way, in their own neighborhood. This year, you get to decide how to serve throughout the week – in your neighborhood, in your way…. And then, we will gather to serve together on Saturday. Click here for more information and to sign up for the finale, Serve Day.
Two more announcements about Sunday:
1) We will receive our Student Inquirers who have spent the year studying the faith and are now ready to profess their faith in Jesus Christ to you. And
2) I have a very special announcement about our future as a congregation.
You do not want to miss this Sunday.
I can’t wait to see you, Grace Church Bethlehem!
Your pastor and friend,
Dr. Marnie Crumpler