Beginning, Sunday, March 22nd, we will launch GRACE Live: Live opportunities for us to connect and grow in our faith. That includes our worship and much more. Our GRACE team has been working all week to get this ready for you and for others that you can invite to be encouraged and supported as we all must remain isolated for the next weeks. I am so thankful for our amazing team!
From our GRACE Live link (www.gracecb.org/gracelive/), you will be able to access:
GRACE Worship, Sundays 9 am and 10:30 am
Join us at 9 for a classic service with the hymns of the faith accompanied by organ and piano. Or at 10:30 for a modern service the hymns and song led by our worship band. Both services have Biblical relevant messages from Dr. Marnie Crumpler or one of our pastoral team.
GRACE Students, Sundays, 7 pm
All students (MS and HS), join us for 30 minutes of games and message. High school small groups (via zoom) will follow.
GRACE Family Time, Tuesdays, 7 pm
Join us for a 30-minute family experience designed for our young families including worship songs, games and a bible story.
GRACE Bible Study, Wednesdays, 7 pm
Join Dr. Mark Crumpler for 45-minutes for a mid-week bible study as he walks through the Bible
GRACE Prayer Gathering, Thursdays, 7 pm
Join one of our pastors for a 30-minute prayer gathering and some worship.
You can also access GRACE Live on our Facebook page. We invite you to interact in these online experiences. Don’t just watch. Make comments. Let us know you are there. And invite other people to join you. We need connection more than ever.
In addition, on the GRACE Live page, you will find links to give online, submit prayer requests, as well as a link to get help, or offer help. We are just beginning to hear from our partners in the community about the needs they have and are working on ways for you to help meet these needs in our congregation and community. We hope that you will let us know through the firstname.lastname@example.org link if you know of needs or would like to help. More to come.
A couple of pointers if you are new to technology. If you have a smart TV, you can screen mirror these programs from your computer to your tv. It is a much better experience to watch together on your tv. You can also buy a cord that will allow you to plug your computer or your iPad/iPhone into your tv. Here’s an example of a cord on amazon that could make that happen.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L9W7GC4/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_pLMCEbCMJMNEE. Be sure to check your tv to see what ports it has before you order.
If you need help to get online, please email GRACEonline@gracecb.org. And someone will reach out to assist you.
Beginning this Sunday, March 15th, we will hold all worship services online only. Please join us at gracecb.org/watch or on our Facebook page at 9:00 or 10:30 am. If you need help to get online, please email email@example.com, and someone will reach out to assist you. In addition to our services, beginning immediately, we are postponing all programs at the Locust Street Campus, including student and children’s ministries.
We do not make these decisions lightly, but our mission is to know and show the GRACE of Jesus Christ. A part of that is caring for the most vulnerable in our community that is most susceptible to COVID-19. We will be evaluating our gatherings and our other ministries daily. We hope this is a very short-term change in our ministry.
What can you do?
- WORSHIP online and invite others. One pastor I know said, we may be socially distancing, but we don’t have to do spiritual distancing. I am so proud of our technology team and so grateful for the technology that allows us to worship together, despite being in our individual homes. Maybe someone who has not tried church would be open to watching from their own computer
- STAY CONNECTED. Try Facetime with your small group or the people you typically have coffee with on Sunday mornings. Most of my family lives far away, and we stay close through technology. We all need to stay connected, as we are forced to be more isolated.
- GIVE. While you can’t bring your financial gifts on Sunday, you can give online https://www.gracecb.org/give/ or mail your gifts to the church. Please help us keep GRACE strong in this season.
- HELP. Be on the lookout to help those who are more vulnerable to grocery shopping or other practical needs.
- PRAY. I can’t overemphasize the need for us to pray for our community and the world. IF you have a prayer request or a need, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will pray and pass on to our prayer team.